A journalist is:
· someone who is curious about new things and who has a wide range of interests.
· someone who can view various sides of a situation and present the facts fairly.
· someone who understands other people, and knows what they care about.
· someone who can take complicated ideas and facts and write about them clearly.
· someone who can sift through many facts and present only the important ones.
· someone who wants to explain a new fact, a new issue, or a new idea to other people.
From : The Young Journalist’s Book: How to Write and Produce Your Own Newspaper by Nancy Bentley